Tuesday, April 18, 2017

My Genre Preference within the Otaku Culture

I planning to writing review with spoiler (with my opinion) on selected light novel and web novel that I want and because of that; I though I tell you what some of my prefer genre of interests within the Otaku Culture because that where my reading going to (mostly). I will uses the general Demographic genre for simplicity. I do read other sub-genre but didn't state it here because they are combine with other genre and I'm too lazy to state it.

I don't read BL or GL genre and hentai genre I barely read/watch and these aren't general stuff I usual read.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light Novel/Web Novel

  • Seinen
  • Shounen
------------------------
  • Harem (normal): I don't mind them, unless they don't know how to write one
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manga

  • Shounen (Mostly)
  • Seinen (Second Mostly)
  • Josei (Sometime)
  • Shoujo (Rarely)
------------------------
(most common genre when I pick up a manga)
  • Harem (normal): I don't mind them
  • Ecchi: I don't mind them. I do have a standard and a based line for this genre. As long as it within the bases line of my tolerance, I would still call it ecchi genre but once it pass that I would ask: What the hell is this!? You call this Ecchi!? This is totally not ecchi anymore. It already beyond the realm of ecchi and into "H" genre (18+). I'm not sure if everyone who enjoy ecchi genre has a standard and a based line for it but I do. My starting base line which I compare all ecchi genre manga to this starting base line (a manga, which I will not state but make you guess, is writing by AKAMATSU Ken) and my end tolerance is "borderline h" genre. "Borderline H", some I can tolerance and some I wonder why it even being publish as ecchi.  
I do read other stuff but the above is the most common within there own right. The other genre are often combine. I don't read Boy love and Girl love genre but I do read "H" genre on rare occasion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 Anime

  • Seinen
  • Shounen
------------------------
I do like watching anything that interested me and I do watch mecha anime.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment